Friday, March 4, 2011

Eating In The Bathroom

Yes, I have nursed my daughter in the bathroom.

No, not in public, but inside my own home.

I have absolutely no problem nursing in public, or at least not with a cover. She has a right to eat, and I have the right to feed her. This has never been an issue in our entire(short) breastfeeding relationship.

Sometimes though, the toddler is screaming she has to potty and Em just latched and would freak out if i stopped right then. So off to the bathroom we go, and I cringe the whole time at the thought of my poor baby eating where everyone else does there business.

Gross.

Usually its only for a minute or two but the other day it was for our entire session. Hubby had run a bath for the toddler and then needed to go check the laundry, so of course I was needed to sit and keep an eye on her. Then Little Em woke up and was starving, paci was not cutting it, so again I nursed in the bathroom.

It still is disgusting to me, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.


Right?

1 comment:

  1. Meh. I don't find it too gross to do it in my bathroom. Public yes because I don't know the cleaning habits. BUt if you keep it clean and if no one is flushing the toilet no biggie for me.

    Kids need to be exposed to germs early on. While not ideal I doubt she cared where y'all were lol

    ReplyDelete