Saturday, March 19, 2011

Alone in Bed

So tonight marks Emma's first night in bed without me. To many it might not seem like a big step but for me, this is huge. She has never once gone to sleep before I went to bed. I have never left her alone in the room to sleep either. Normally her dad is going to bed the same time I'm getting up so he is with her. Not tonight, she is alone.
I'm sitting here in dead silence except for the static on the monitor besauce she made the slightest little noise in her sleep so I paused the TV. Yes, I'm kind of freaking out a little that she is in there without me.
I know once I get used to this it will be wonderful. I'll be able to watch TV in peace, or maybe even get some extra cleaning done I couldn't do in the day. Okay, yeah right, who am I kidding? I'm not going to end up cleaning. There is no way I'd use baby free time to clean, unless it was a dire situation. But I could clean, if I wanted to. I could also shower, alone. Precious shower time all by myself. That would probably be the highlight of my week.
No she's not asleep in this one, but that is on her bed, before sleep last night. 

Anyways back to my awesome TV and all its goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment