Saturday, March 26, 2011

Conversing With Toddlers

Talking to a toddler is like talking to someone who knows how to read english, but has no grasp on what anything means.
Today while sitting in the bathroom waiting for her to pee. 

Her: I like toilet paper. Do you like toilet paper?... (without waiting) That the bath! One, two, three, four towels! 
I looove bath time. Mom, can I take a bath?
Me: Not right now, you can take one tonight, when Daddy gets ready for work.
Her: I like toilet paper. Can you like the bath?
Me: Yes I like the bath.
Her: Ducks say 'quack quack!' All done!.. Can I has candy now? More colors! Red, blue, where's yellow? Where my yellow one? 
Me: What yellow one?
Her: I like toilet paper.

There is really no logic behind what toddlers talk about, I've realized I don't even need to answer her anymore, she is just asking things to talk, not because she wants the answer. 

Also, its pretty strange that she cheers and gets a piece of candy for me whenever she find out I pooped in the potty. She thinks its the greatest thing ever. 


Crazy child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment